Every year, for the past five years, we have published a survey for SharePoint and now Office 365 professionals.
It’s surprisingly eye-opening. Interestingly, the answers given sometimes mirror the views of analysts and pundits, while at other times the responses are totally unexpected.…
I came across some snippets of information about the effectiveness of collaboration. I thought I would share what I found, as it was rather interesting.
- Collaboration is 34% less effective when done via video conference
- Collaboration is 52% less effective when done via phone
- Collaboration is 71% less effective when done via literally yelling across a divide
- 97% of employees and executives believe lack of alignment within a team impacts the outcome of a task or project
- Your staff spend an average of 74 minutes a week trying to contact customers or colleagues.
I just started thinking about this topic so please feel free to comment. At a basic level, organizations must provide information – to staff, third parties, government, etc. So information is essentially a given that IT must provide, maintain, and hopefully improve.…