Survey Results Share Insights, Challenges, and Strategies of SharePoint and Office 365 Organizations
Concept Searching announces the publication of its fourth annual SharePoint and Office 365 survey results white paper, 2016 SharePoint and Office 365 State of the Market Survey.
The survey was undertaken to determine the current SharePoint infrastructure, application priorities, the use of metadata, and the use of search. An additional objective was to determine the current or projected use of Office 365 and SharePoint Online.
Since its inception, the survey has become more detailed, in order to determine organizations’ application priorities and infrastructure, and gain insight into what are regarded as key issues.
Highlights from this year’s survey include:
- Some organizations still fear security issues when placing knowledge assets and confidential information in the cloud.
- Hybrid search is perceived as a nice-to-have feature, but not something organizations will be using to address their priority of improving search.
- Text analytics and social business applications are at the bottom of businesses’ priority lists.
- Collaboration is ranked highly by enterprises, and is this year’s must have.
- Organizations appear content to leave critical business applications to be managed in the on-premises environment.
The survey results white paper is available here, and the Concept Searching team will be at Microsoft Ignite in Atlanta from 26th-30th September, at booth 2158, to discuss these latest findings in relation to market and technology developments.