If you are migrating SharePoint to SharePoint, SharePoint to Office 365, or SharePoint to a non-Microsoft product, we have the tools to get your content where you want it and organize it at the same time. In this webinar, you will learn how to avoid the typical pitfalls and get it right the first time.
Migration of unstructured content can be a laborious and time consuming project. Many documents can exist in multiple places at the same time, different revisions of the same document can exist, some documents should be deleted and others should be archived. Documents can reside on file shares, older versions of SharePoint, or other legacy content management systems. There may be records that were never declared, as well as confidential or private information that will not be identified when migrated. The ability to mass move content is relatively straight forward. However, simply mass moving content will result in the same problem of mismanaged and unorganized content. The migration strategy known as garbage in – garbage out.
What you will take away from this webinar:
- Understand what’s missing in migration strategies, even using third party tools
- What is metadata generated from ‘context within content?
- What is a metadata schema and why it’s so important
- How to design a schema aligned to the business and its processes
- How conceptual metadata generation builds a consistent end user experience and decreases migration effort
- Maximize the return on investment from your migration budget
- Automate migration of content driven by automatic generation and classification of compound term metadata
What can your organization gain through intelligent migration?
- Enterprise Content Management – that works
- Significantly improved search
- Identification and protection of confidential/privacy information
- Automatic declaration of documents of record
- One set of technologies to manage content in any environment
- Precise retrieval of relevant information in eDiscovery, Litigation Support, FOIA
- Improved collaboration, business social networking
- And more…
Audience: Architects and Administrators, Migration Project Managers, Enterprise Content Management Professionals, Search Business and IT Professionals, Security, Records Managers