Across the energy sector, organizations face the challenge of enterprise content management (ECM). Whether oil and gas, electric power, nuclear, or renewable energy, too often business users in the energy industry cannot find the information they need when they need it – and often question the data’s integrity when they do find it. The issue has a direct impact on the efficacy of the business, as well as organizational confidence in IT.
In this webinar, the first in a series, Stonebridge and Concept Searching demonstrated how our combined industry and technical expertise offers energy companies an ECM framework that addresses information complexity, and effectively increases information transparency, by providing users with the ability to successfully manage content according to enterprise standards. The result – decision making can be improved, risk minimized, and costs reduced.
What you will learn about during this session:
We discussed how an ECM structure built on the SharePoint platform can address the diverse needs of energy sector information consumers, regardless of where they reside and the specific knowledge they are seeking. We explored how to leverage the Term Store – Microsoft’s building block to enable organizations to natively build taxonomy structures and facilitate content management of strategic or high value – and how your organization can use “Intelligent SharePoint” to:
- Achieve effective search, migration, records management, and data privacy by tagging content across the enterprise with conceptual metadata
- Combine metadata assets such as geospatial, voice, structured and unstructured into one common enterprise metadata environment
- Enable real-time collaboration capabilities to ensure that the most relevant and recent information is available internally, and with royalty and working interest owners
- Reduce time spent on exploration, research, and decision making to achieve strategic business objectives
- Manage content existing in global locations, on diverse repositories, and replicated across various silos
- Benefit from industry-specific use cases:
- Developing a powerful search solution for 5,000 research personnel, saving millions in unproductive drilling projects for a multi-national oil and gas company
- Solving search, migration, records management, and data privacy challenges for a top-tier oil field operations company
- Adam Hutchinson, Vice President of Oil and Gas Solutions at Stonebridge
- Robert Lovelace, Director of Well and Pipeline Lifecycle Management Consulting at Stonebridge
- Don Miller, Vice President of Sales at Concept Searching