MCLEAN, VA, US AND STEVENAGE, UK (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 23, 2015
Concept Searching, the global leader in semantic metadata generation, auto-classification, and taxonomy management software, and developer of the Smart Content Framework™, has opened registration for the webinar ‘Is Your Content Migration Strategy Garbage In, Garbage Out?’, to be held on Tuesday, October 20th, from 11:30 – 12:30 EDT.
Concept Searching’s technologies are platform agnostic, and this webinar focuses on migration scenarios applicable to all versions of SharePoint, Office 365, or non-Microsoft product platforms. The webinar is designed for any organization that will be migrating information.
Migration of unstructured content is typically a laborious and time consuming project. Many documents can exist in multiple places at the same time, different revisions of the same document can exist, some documents should be deleted and others should be archived.
Documents can reside on file shares, older versions of SharePoint, or other legacy content management systems. There may be records that were never declared, as well as confidential or private information that will not be identified when migrated. The ability to mass move content is relatively straight forward. However, simply mass moving content results in the same problem of mismanaged and unorganized content – the migration strategy known as ‘garbage in, garbage out’.
The webinar will address:
- What is missing from typical migration strategies, even when using third party tools
- What is metadata generated from ‘context within content’
- What is a metadata schema and why it is so important
- How to design a schema aligned to an organization and its processes
- How conceptual metadata generation builds a consistent end user experience and decreases migration effort
- Maximizing the return on investment from migration budgets
- Automating migration of content driven by automatic generation and classification of compound term metadata
- What organizations can gain through intelligent migration
One of the most overlooked benefits of migration is the return on investment. If done correctly, organizations can gain quantifiable business benefits from intelligent migration. These results include ECM, significantly improved search, security at context level, records management, eDiscovery, litigation support, FOIA, text analytics, and collaboration. These improvements provide substance to any information governance project and improve compliance initiatives.
Interested individuals can register here. All registrants will receive links to the webinar recording and presentation.