Concept Searching and AIIM Kick Off the Year with a State of the Industry Webinar on the Current and Future State of Business Critical Metadata
Concept Searching is pleased to announce registration is now open for the ‘Business Critical Metadata’ webinar, co-hosted by Doug Miles, Director of Market Intelligence at AIIM, and Martin Garland, President of Concept Searching, on January 20th, 2015 from 11:30am – 12:15pm EST. This is now a recorded webinar. To view the recorded webinar, please click here. To download the PowerPoint, please click here.
The webinar is the first in Concept Searching’s 2015 ‘Metadata Matters’ series of webinars, focusing on the customer and including guest speakers from diverse organizations and industries who have deployed Concept Searching technologies, to automatically generate business critical metadata to solve a variety of business challenges.
This educational and insightful webinar will explore the state of the market for unstructured content. As extensive industry data maintains, the inability to manage business critical metadata crosses organizational and global boundaries. The failure to address this issue, along with the rapid growth of unstructured content, reaches far beyond the confines of search, to encompass records management, data security, migration, eDiscovery, content management, social tagging, and text analytics.
Unstructured data is both a liability and an opportunity. With the uncontrollable rate of unstructured content growth, organizations are beginning to realize that the time has come to proactively manage content from inception to disposal. The real problem that disruptively impacts the management of unstructured data is metadata. The webinar will discuss the factors that prevent and enable organizations to leverage metadata to improve the bottom line.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Are organizations living with or fixing the problem of metadata, and what is Business Critical Metadata?
- What are the biggest challenges your peers are facing in applications such as enterprise search, records management, security, migration, content management, collaboration, social tagging, and text analytics?
- Has the cloud become a debilitating factor when managing metadata?
- How is Microsoft changing the role of SharePoint, and what’s the impact of Office 365, OneDrive for Business, and Delve in managing content as an integrated enterprise asset?
- What are sound strategies that successful organizations use?
- Why adding structure and application functionality with metadata assists in identifying and achieving business value
- When evaluating vendors and tools, what are some of the questions you should ask?
- Hear case studies on how organizations have solved their challenges from an enterprise and a departmental level
As part of Concept Searching’s examination of the significance of metadata, and an extension of the 2015 ‘Metadata Matters’ webinar series, its third annual Microsoft and Metadata Survey is now available. Survey participants are eligible to enter a drawing to win a full conference pass to Microsoft Ignite, and free Bose SoundTrue™ audio headphones will be given away monthly.