Concept Searching has a vacancy for a Sales Director, Eastern US and Canada, who will be responsible for generating prospects and driving revenue in the territory, from both direct sales initiatives and channel partners.
This position is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of the market leading provider of metadata generation and auto-classification solutions on the Microsoft platform, which also holds a Microsoft Gold Application Development competency. Concept Searching already has some of Microsoft’s largest clients as its own clients and is looking to aggressively expand its footprint, leveraging its success to date, both through its direct efforts and a growing partner channel.
The position requires the candidate to work remotely and ideally be based in the Eastern or Central, North America time zones.
Key Activities Will Include
- Follow up on webinars, trade shows and existing leads and prospects, to qualify and re-qualify opportunities
- Target sector decision makers in collaboration with inside sales and marketing teams
- Identify, recruit, and support a number of regional partners, to expand the organization’s coverage
- Identify key accounts and decision makers within the territory, to begin the sales process
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to the sales team, where appropriate
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of leads and prospects, and regularly update the organization’s sales automation software, Salesforce.com
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Understand customer imperatives, and communicate the strategic value Concept Searching solutions bring to their businesses
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibitions, and other events
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls, and convert them into leads and a sales process
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate positioning
- Identify and qualify prospects for territory based accounts, through personal research and networking, and industry and company sponsored events
- Establishment of relationships with senior level executives, decision makers, and influencers
- Conduct business based conversations to identify stakeholders, business processes, critical success factors, and objectives ,resulting in the identification of opportunities to sell Concept Searching solutions
- Perform product demonstrations
- Identify, cultivate, and close opportunities in new and existing accounts that drive revenue
- Participate in territory and account planning, strategic deal reviews, and quarterly business reviews, as required
- Key vertical focus includes government, defense, financial services, life sciences, healthcare, oil and gas, mining, utilities and professional services
- Geographic territory is Continental US and Canada
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of calling into enterprise accounts, and creating opportunities with enterprise-class software. Ideally, you will have worked for Microsoft or a Microsoft ISV in the past, and are accustomed to engaging at executive level and developing mutual trust with your prospects. You can clearly articulate business value and how it integrates with existing information architecture and technical infrastructure. Finally, you will have had experience working with channel partners, can converse at C-level, and understand partner needs and can translate them into win-win revenue generating relationships.
- College degree or equivalent level qualification
- Minimum five years’ experience working with enterprise information/records management, and SharePoint ecosystem or management or consulting in a related field
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Proven track record of ability to deliver sales of complex services and solutions in a competitive environment, with ability to close sales through effective sales negotiation techniques
- Effective written, verbal, presentation skills and strong analytical skills
- Experience working with channel partners, to drive mutually beneficial revenue streams
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including VP and C-level executives in both IT and business functions
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals, while maintaining established sales quotas
- Self-motivated, and disciplined with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Highly organized and persistent in managing opportunity pipelines
- Ability to travel as required and attend sales events or exhibitions
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Experience with enterprise search, classification, content management, records management, and/or knowledge management applications is a strong plus
Location and Compensation
The position requires the candidate to work remotely and will involve some travel in US and Canada.
Competitive compensation package, including base and commissions in relation to experience.
Submit your CV