Is Your Records Management Typical? Oh, so Sorry
Industry analysis shows that the typical approach to records management is not very successful and is also not integrated with an overall information governance plan. The growth of unstructured data, new requirements to track all formats of content, including social, the need for proactive preparation for compliance mandates, and the potential for unexpected litigation can prove challenging to organizations. When records management policies or processes fail, the outcomes can be costly.
Even today, the bulk of records management falls to the end user to correctly tag documents of record. Now I ask you, how does one expect a whole group of users to navigate extensive classification options while referring to a records schedule that may have 53,000 retention codes? Errors are bound to happen, and frequently. Are the errors spotted? Sometimes they are but most of the time they are not.
Intelligent records identification is key to effective records management, and this is incorporated into the Concept Searching approach. A successful records management system must suit an organization’s workflow, be easily adaptable by users and integrated into their daily activities, ideally transparently, as most users will not be able to remember, nor care, what constitutes a document of record or the correct tags to apply. From a management perspective, the system must achieve the records management goals of an organization and effectively integrate governance, risk, and compliance.
The conceptClassifier platform comprises a service oriented architecture (SOA) based search and classification technology, a browser-based taxonomy management technology, and a tightly integrated feature set that operates with any platform and in any environment. Unique compound term processing technology enables the rapid creation of multi-term metadata, which can be classified to organizationally-defined taxonomies. The tagging and auto-classification of content can be aligned to business goals and the semantic metadata generated can be easily integrated with any third-party application or platform that interfaces via web services.
The Concept Searching solution delivers the following benefits to clients.
- Provides transparent information governance through elimination of end user adoption issues
- Automates document workflow for storage, preservation, access, and usage controls
- Assists in the management of content by identifying records, as well as content that should be archived or contains sensitive information
- Protects record integrity throughout the individual document lifecycle
- Creates virtual centralization through the ability to link disparate content repositories
- Facilitates the retrieval of records as well as highly correlated content that typically would not be found>
- Ensures compliance with industry and government mandates, enabling rapid implementation to address regulatory changes
- Addresses low value content that no longer has purpose
- Reduces the time and cost of retrieving the correct business record
Our webinars also address the topics explored in our blogs. Access all our webinar recordings and presentation slides at any time, from our website, in the Recorded Webinars area, via the Resources tab.