How will you use the cloud in 2013?
I found an interesting blog posting by Rational Survive Ability, referencing a survey by CloudPassage, on concerns and insights on cloud security and uses. Since our products run in any environment I am always interested in what ‘real’ companies are doing or planning to do in the cloud.
Nothing was really surprising, but none the less interesting. Highlights include:
• 41% are looking at or using the cloud for public facing applications
• A 70% increase in companies who will use the cloud for temporary data and big data
• 31% are planning to use the cloud for media applications
Four out of five respondents reported their companies are using cloud architecture. In addition, the issues of cloud security is somewhat diminishing. Major concerns included:
• 69% are still concerned about security
• 45% are concerned about compliance
• 38% are concerned about a loss of control
• 27% are concerned about complexity
Despite the concerns, cloud hosting users understand that data security is the organization’s responsibility and not the cloud vendor.
Have you jumped on the cloud bandwagon? If so, how are you using it and what are your plans?