Engineering Search – Does it Impact the Bottom Line? You Bet
Our last few blogs talked about our new solution for engineering search. This blog focuses on the business benefits, and makes this solution easy to justify.
I know we call it ‘engineering’ search but it really is applicable to professionals in any area of business where information is needed from a variety of sources, such as healthcare, manufacturing, human resources, or financial services.
This is a key component of the digital workplace, needed to deliver accurate, relevant, and precise information, in the right context and at the right time.
For engineers, there are many ways that the engineering search solution can help. Typically, search must be iterated across diverse repositories. Lacking a unified view, multiple queries must be made to retrieve the information that is required. This leads to too many results, scattered across several repositories.
Here are just a few of the things this solution makes possible:
- Relevant information about specific products designs
- Drawings, models, and tests associated with specific, released part numbers
- The most recently published and relevant research information, both internal and external, on a design or process technique
- The subject-matter experts on a product, design, process or part
- All information pertinent to an incident, warranty or test
- A way to analyze and visualize neutralized data, from one or more third party or custom applications
So how does this translate into the bottom line?
- Inject innovation and global reuse into the design process and share best practices and lessons learned
- Create worldwide reach to allow creation of uniform global design practices and work streams
- Increase flexibility to securely unite dispersed project teams and employees
- Decrease time to market
- Speed decision making
- Reduce wasted investment and operational costs
- Accelerate future design, manufacturing, and quality and warranty tracking
- Future-proof flexibility, to support changing business needs – risk mitigation
- Eradicate duplication from teams working in silos, unaware of others working on similar or related initiatives
Ask for a proof of concept, even if you’re not in engineering. I think you’ll be very surprised. If you aren’t quite ready to jump into a proof of concept, you can watch the demo here. Ok, that was a vendor pitch.
Join us for our ‘Groundbreaking and Game-changing Enterprise Search’ webinar on Wednesday, March 8th. With our strategic partner C/D/H, we discuss what intelligent enterprise search should be. This session demonstrates a solution unique in the marketplace, which overcomes the limitations of other enterprise search engines.