“conceptClassifier delivers automatic conceptual metadata generation, auto-classification, and powerful taxonomy tools to improve the use of and access to content assets. The classification of content can come from multiple sources including SharePoint, file stores, Exchange Public Folders and websites.”
- Reduce time to develop and deploy
- Improve findability and reuse of information
- Improve collaboration across time zones and overall productivity
- Normalize complex terms and suggest appropriate terminology
A global professional services firm providing planning, engineering, program, and construction management services, in over 80 countries with over 9,000 staff servicing the public and private sector.
As with most organizations, increasing complexity and collaboration across times zones and organizations was a challenge as well as providing market coverage across key geographies 24/7. This organization recognized that they were faced with information overload, finding and sharing information was no longer manageable, and content could not be re-used and re-purposed.
What were the problems?
- Data replicated across various silos
- Inconsistent tagging of documents and content by end users
- Vocabulary normalization caused issues across global boundaries
- Lack of taxonomy automation and management
- No auto-classification of content to a consistent structure
The organization had already identified that even a robust enterprise search solution did not provide the framework to support a global distributed business. It had come to the conclusion that it needed a knowledge management framework to address the challenges it was facing.
conceptClassifier for SharePoint delivered the ability to improve search results by automatically generating conceptual metadata. And the unique features provided by the conceptTaxonomyManager component enabled Subject Matter Experts to rapidly build and deploy taxonomies resulting in improved search results and normalization of vocabulary across diverse geographic locations.
conceptClassifier delivers automatic conceptual metadata generation, auto-classification, and powerful taxonomy tools to improve the use of and access to content assets. The classification of content can come from multiple sources including SharePoint, file stores, Exchange Public Folders and websites.
This provided a holistic view of information regardless of where it resides.
Utilizing the SharePoint platform, conceptClassifier supports SharePoint with the ability to assign taxonomies to content types.
An additional feature is the ability for the organization to develop custom content types. Particularly useful in records management and in the protection of intellectual property or confidential information.
All metadata can also be managed through SharePoint administration which eliminated the complexity of managing multiple technologies.
The organization had selected SharePoint search as their enterprise search engine. This is a powerful search solution, with the ability to identify some concepts using linguistic analysis, but it does not provide a comprehensive framework for automatic document classification due to the limitations of identifying all multi-word concepts that are found within the content.
Concept Searching’s technology enabled the creation of a global knowledge management framework platform, eliminating information overload and improving productivity.
The solution delivered the ability to:
- Create taxonomies using natural language concepts
- Reduce time to develop, deploy, and manage
- Consistently tag content with conceptual metadata
- Improve findability
- Eliminate end user tagging
- Store content and metadata automatically together in SharePoint
- Search across multiple data sources
- Connect data silos
- Enable enhanced knowledge management and expertise finding
- Navigate results in a hierarchy that mirrors the organizational processes
- Be a platform to leverage their SharePoint and search technologies