Auto-classification Solutions: What questions to ask before purchasing?
I recently had to create a PowerPoint presentation on auto-classification for Records Managers for one of my technical/sales colleagues. One slide, provided questions they could ask a vendor that was under evaluation (of course, highly weighted to what we do provide). Here is some insight on what you should ask for in an auto-classification, records management or general auto-classification system.
Questions to ask when looking for an auto-classification solution
- How often should a drive or repository be indexed for new content?
- Does the system need to perform in real-time?
- Should old content be re-classified to determine if it should be classified according to a different category?
- How are classification errors solved?
- Should the user have the ability to override the classification assignment?
- Who should manage the system – IT or Business? Or both?
- How long should on-going management take once the taxonomy is in place?
- Can end user involvement be eliminated in regards to manual tagging?
- How does the system handle vocabulary and/or language ambiguities?