Designing Information Architecture for SharePoint: Making sense in a world of SharePoint Architecture
Project Performance Corporation’s Rachel Sondag joined Concept Searching in the 2nd in our expert webinar series focused on SharePoint 2010 and the Term Store. Rachel discussed how to implement a taxonomy and metadata schema to begin the functional planning of how users will interact with the various elements set up within a SharePoint environment. We looked at the out of the box functionality around the SharePoint 2010 Term Store and when to use a third-party tool such as Concept Searching’s conceptClassifier for SharePoint to drive value and deliver a superior end user experience. Click here to view the webinar and here to review the slide deck.
An application, funded in part by Microsoft Federal illustrates how conceptClassifier for SharePoint is the only SharePoint 2010 solution that drives content types, workflow and Information Rights Management with semantic terms, automatically from the client’s own content. Fully integrated with both the Term Store and Managed Metadata properties the semantic metadata is automatically made available to other applications.
Ken Lemons, Dell Services Federal Government, Air Force Defense Agencies, “Increasing data transparency, controlling data access and usage, and managing documents of record has always been a high cost and manually intensive process. By automating the semantic records retention code, as well as data privacy and security metadata tagging, our customers have been able to reduce both risk and cost at the beginning of their SharePoint deployments.”
Read our May 2011 Newsletter – SharePoint 2010 Term Store. Learn about the SharePoint Term Store, using content types, and managed metadata services.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Taxonomies in SharePoint
Project Performance’s Jill Hannemann joins Concept Searching to discuss why a taxonomy is becoming an integral component in search and how taxonomies can be used in SharePoint 2007 and 2010 to improve not only search but Records Management, Compliance, and data privacy challenges. Click here to see the recorded webinar.
A new webcast is available that was developed in partnership with the Microsoft Public Sector Federal. This 7 minute webcast demonstrates Concept Searching’s unique capability to leverage conceptClassifier for SharePoint and the SharePoint 2010 ECAL Suite (specifically Managed Metadata Services, Information Management Policies, and Active Directory-Rights Management Services) to deliver real-time data transparency, information access, and automated information management and information rights management policy.
Does the SharePoint 2010 Term Store Seem More Like Alphabet Soup?
Everyone’s talking about the Term Store but when it comes down to maximizing the value of metadata to really drive records management, improve search, compliance, and add structure to Enterprise 2.0, many companies are struggling. This webinar discussed why metadata is the biggest problem in improving business processes and evaluated the pros and cons of manual versus automatic metadata generation approach. See why Concept Searching’s conceptClassifier is the leading taxonomy and classification solution for SharePoint 2010. Click here to see the recorded webinar.
Join our team
- Research Firm Finds Their Solution in conceptClassifier for SharePoint
- West Point Underwriters Deploying Concept Searching Metadata Framework
- Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation Deploying conceptClassifier for Office 365 and One...
- US Strategic Command Deploying conceptClassifier
- Ucare Deploys conceptClassifier for SharePoint
- Protiviti Deploys conceptClassifier
- German Bundeswehr to Deploy Concept Searching
- Concept Searching Welcomes XL Group as a New Client
- Research Platform to Use conceptSearch
- Medical Council of Canada Case Study Now Published
- Largest Bank in Japan Selects conceptClassifier for SharePoint
- Intergovernmental Organization to Deploy conceptClassifier
Recent Blog Posts
- Well, there you have it – IDC’s 10 predictions for emerging technologies in 2015
- What if someone’s life depended on a portal you developed?
- Oh, you mean government has to follow the law? What was I thinking???
- I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me.
- Who is responsible for this mess? eDiscovery at its worst.
- Sometimes you just have to shake your head. A couple of the many problems of search.
- End User Considerations in Search – Really We Need to Think About Them?
- Should search vendors go back to the basics? Or is it too late?
- You say potato, I say potahto. Eliminating the metadata predicament.
- Auto-classification – Not sure why this is a hard concept to understand?
- Metadata Matters: Oh, I thought she was such a nice girl!
- Will predictive analytics become the hero in eDiscovery?