If You Have Unstructured Content – We Can Help
Regardless of your industry, if you have unstructured or semi-structured content, we can help manage and leverage it to achieve your business objectives. Not limited to specific industries, the Concept Searching product platforms deliver versatile, industry agnostic solutions.
Why do clients in any industry chose Concept Searching product platforms? Clients as diverse as University of Kansas University, MarketResearch.com, Moffitt Cancer Center, United Health Group, Fragomen, and Abbott Laboratories have all counted on our products to solve their business challenges.
They all share the same common goal – to improve access and utilization of unstructured and semi-structured content to improve business outcomes. What are they trying to achieve? Improvements in information governance, search, eDiscovery, litigation support, facilitating records management, protection of confidential assets, intelligent migration, text analytics, improving knowledge capture and dissemination, and social networking applications.
How is this accomplished?
Concept Searching’s Smart Content Framework™, product platforms, and intelligent metadata enabled solutions address and solve content management and information governance gaps with one set of technologies.
How is this accomplished?
The Concept Searching product platforms can deliver all of the above through the use of one set of technologies including:
- Automatic semantic metadata generation
- Taxonomy tools
The still unique technology transparently identifies the meaning of ‘content in context’ enabling rich semantic metadata to be automatically generated, without end user intervention, auto-classified, and managed through highly sophisticated and interactive taxonomy tools.
What are some of the benefits our clients have achieved?
- Eliminated information complexity and enabled concept based search regardless of the search engine
- Provided a comprehensive approach for the management and classification of unstructured and semi-structured content dramatically improving content management
- Delivered information transparency and provided immediate and actionable visibility of relevant content
- Automatic identification of documents of records and appropriate processing, ensuring effective content lifecycle management
- Automatic identification and protection of data privacy and confidential information, removing it from unauthorized access and portability, such as (PII, PHI, OPSEC, PCI)
- Eliminated manual tagging and end user intervention
- Made available the framework to deploy social networking and social media applications integrated with information governance, delivering information on demand to employees, customers, and external stakeholders
- Enabled intelligent migration to cleanse the data before migration, and generate semantic metadata and classify it to one or more taxonomies during and after the migration
- Provided a cost effective way to perform text analytics through data cleansing and the ability to retrieve highly granular information
- Provides the same functionality regardless of whether on-premise or in the cloud
Smart Content Framework™
The need to leverage technology to achieve business advantages has never been greater. With the explosion of unstructured content, enterprises must evaluate existing operating models and technology frameworks, to improve execution, profits, and services. The improvement of business processes, cost structure control, and the adoption of new operating models needs to be evaluated and, where appropriate, adopted.
The combination of the Smart Content Framework™ and Concept Searching product platforms delivers flexibility, adaptability, integration, standardization and efficiency, to provide the operational framework at an enterprise level. Challenges addressed include:
- Implementation of a technology framework that enables the rapid implementation and deployment of any application that requires the use of metadata
- Improved operational efficiencies across different functional groups and geographical areas
- Integration of fragmented platforms, providing a holistic view of content to obtain real-time insights
- Automatic identification and declaration of documents of record and routing to the appropriate records management repository
- Identification in real-time of potential data privacy exposures and data breaches as they are ingested or created, based on standard descriptors and organizationally defined descriptors, and secures them from unauthorized access and portability
- Delivered a comprehensive content management repository based on concepts generated from diverse repositories providing a holistic view of information regardless of where it resides
- Leveraged a large corpus of information through text analytics, to improve segmentation and cross selling
- Meta tagged and classified millions of documents during the migration process, cleansed existing information, reduced duplicates, and identified content for deletion or archive
- Identified areas of innovation, growth, and customer experience through technology
Concept Searching’s Smart Content Framework™ is a combination of technology and organizational staff that assists in defining the major risk factors and results in the tactical changes needed in business processes. The building blocks include:
- Metadata – the development of an enterprise metadata repository that is flexible to address multiple business challenges with one set of technologies and provides the ability to apply policy across diverse business groups, repositories, and applications
- Insight – improves any interactive metadata application such as search, eDiscovery, litigation support, text analytics, social tagging, and collaboration, and is used as the data to analyze and quantify risk
- Risk – defined by the firm’s staff to determine the organizational risk factors, and effectively identify and validate the specific risk to analyze cost versus benefit
- Policy – defined by the organization to implement and enforce policy based on the risk factors
- Action – fulfills the organizational policies, enforceable and adaptable by end users, and can be quantifiable and able to be measured
The end result is the ability to deploy intelligent metadata enabled solutions that share the same framework for information governance. Instead of reinventing the wheel for each challenge, with the framework in place, organizations can improve agility and business results more quickly and with less effort.
Where Quality Content is King
“Concept Searching offered a very compelling solution based on taxonomy tools, clue-based suggestions, and the capability of integrating within our own existing framework. And the introduction of their tools with our architecture greatly increased both the quality and quantity of reports for our clients.”
Vice President Operations
Back in 1996, Bill Gates declared ‘Content is King’ which became an often used and over used quote. Content has become pervasive but quality content is scarce. Quality content and the ability to find it is determined by the context of the content, essentially the concepts found within the document. To any enterprise that markets and sells content on the Internet the quote should be amended to state Quality Content is King. For IDC, Lexis Nexis, MarketResearch.com, and AllRegs, quality content is a key business differentiator.
The goal of any organization involved in on-line media is to exceed the external users’ needs and ensur that the information is correct, timely, accurate, and easily found. Easier said than done. The typical result is user queries that return irrelevant and sometimes bizarre results. The cause of the problem is blamed on the search engine instead of the lack of a content framework that enables the delivery of quality content. These issues include:
- Poor metadata that prohibits external users from finding information
- Indexing procedures that index the entire content of a page instead of identifying key concepts
- Lack of a controlled vocabulary or taxonomy to organize content by concepts
- Dependence on staff to provide the correct search terms and relationships to classify content
- Identifying what content should be archived and when, and determining whether it has become obsolete
Concept Searching technologies provide the solution of choice for on-line media companies, or any organization that markets, sells, or provides access to content to site visitors. The still unique technology automatically identifies concepts that consist of two to five words as well as acronyms and keywords. This can reduce or complement the use of manual identification of key terms. The conceptual metadata can be automatically or manually classified to the taxonomy manager where easy-to-use and robust tools are available to quickly build or improve taxonomies. Typically, using this process save 80% of the time taken if using alternative solutions.
Legal and eDiscovery
Real Time and Relevant Information Access
“The ability to automatically generate concepts from content allows us to enhance e-Discovery and take it to a new level, in areas such as data collection and forensic investigations, Early Case Assessment, ESI processing, web based document review and production through trial support. After an evaluation of technologies available, Concept Searching’s technology stack offered us the most comprehensive and scalable solution for our needs.”
Vice President of Operations and Technology
There are few industries that are as dependent upon access to real-time, relevant information as the legal industry. Coupled with eDiscovery challenges, legal firms and internal corporate counsel are looking for new ways to manage, access, interrogate and find information. Our eDiscovery and legal clients including Innovative Discovery, Bird & Bird, Farrer & Co., Fragomen, and Xerox Litigation Services, have all realized the very high cost of accurate information.
Legal professionals have an overwhelming amount of information that they must find and digest on a daily basis. With a search and retrieve success rate of only 20%-25% legal professionals are often unable to find relevant content from a heterogeneous set of documents. According to Gartner Group the average Fortune 500 company responds to between 6-10 discovery requests per year, at a cost of $1.6 million per request.
These issues include:
- Inability to process content that is created or ingested by concepts contained within the content
- Poor search tools that do not retrieve content by concepts, and use complicated search queries and Boolean operators
- Failure to find hidden relationships between documents or identify relevant information that may not contain the search criteria but is highly relevant
- Increased risk exposure to protect and identify unknown privacy exposures
Concept Searching provides innovative tools that help legal teams find the information they need quickly and cost effectively. As the only statistical metadata generation and automatic classification software company, we provide concept extraction and the automatic generation of compound term metadata, significantly improving access to unstructured information. Providing tools for search, automatic metadata generation, automatic and manual classification, and taxonomy management, organizations seeking to reduce costs and facilitate legal processes can now achieve quantifiable improvements.
Enabling Business Agility in Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
Life sciences companies generate massive volumes of information that must be rigorously managed, accessible, and delivered to knowledge workers when they need it. Managing content from disparate repositories and the inability to find the right information impacts productivity, increases the potential for non-compliance, and reduces the value of the organization’s information assets and knowledge capital. Organizations such as Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer, Inclinix, and Glaxo SmithKline have all turned to Concept Searching to leverage their content assets.
The landscape for pharmaceutical companies also demands access to information, the need to identify efficient ways to translate innovative ideas into product and to bring them to market quickly. The long discovery and development cycles in pharmaceuticals pose unique uncertainties and risks. Continuous innovation must drive the development of new products at a lower cost and at the same time increase productivity. Yet, despite advances in technology, productivity continues to decline when compared to the total cost of an approved product.
In both scenarios, the need to adapt to complex regulations, competition, and a global marketplace are becoming increasingly more difficult to overcome.
These issues include:
- Inability to quickly deliver relevant information to a variety of stakeholders
- The need to aggregate information from disparate internal and external sources, to provide a virtual view of content
- Identify and protect data from unauthorized security exposures
- Improve compliance to complex regulations
- Reduce risk through automation of records management processes and identification of documents of record
- Increase innovation and improve business agility
Concept Searching’s automatic semantic metadata generation identifies multi-word terms that form complex entities and identifies them as concepts as opposed to keywords. By identifying these concepts and placing them in the search engine’s index, search can be performed with a higher degree of accuracy because the ambiguity inherent in single words is no longer a problem. The automatic classification and taxonomy management tools are designed to provide as much depth or hierarchical granularity often needed. Improving outcomes enterprise search, content management, and research and discovery, pre-clinical and clinical trials, submission, and in marketing and regulatory affairs, Concept Searching’s flexible and innovative solutions deliver rapid and quantifiable results.
Product Video Series
Microsoft SharePoint – Native versus Non-native Solutions
Intelligent Metadata Solutions in SharePoint
Please visit our Knowledge Center for additional collateral and white papers.