Solving the Problem of Data at Risk
What are the costs of data at risk? The average cost per exposed record is $197 and ranges from $90 to $305. From a brand perspective, a security breach can reduce the value of your brand by 17%-31%. Worse yet, 70% of breaches are due to mistake or malicious intent by the organization’s own staff.
Cyber security, data privacy, confidential information exposures, and breaches are very real issues facing all organizations.
The business imperatives driving these issues are:
- Inability to identify all possible privacy exposures at the time of content creation or ingestion
- Lack of end user compliance to accurately tag and segregate content ensure that privacy data is not available for general access and protected accordingly
- Lack of governance to enforce the tagging of confidential information by end users
- Inability to identify privacy data from diverse repositories, email and fax servers, test servers, scanned documents, and aggregate them for review and disposition
- No standard tool to use to address aspects of data security that are unique to the organization
- Inability to automatically identify exposure risks in real time
Organizations must deploy more proactive oversight for all potential data exposures to minimize organizational risk and ensure the safety and security of nonpublic information. The key is to minimize, and ideally eliminate a security breach and identify the exposed record(s) in real-time as content is created or ingested. Concept Searching’s conceptTaxonomyWorkflow along with the product platforms can be used to define workflows when organizationally defined descriptors and vocabulary that should be secured is found within content, regardless of where it resides, and automatically route the content asset to a designated repository to prevent unauthorized access and portability.