Find out what is happening at Concept Searching. We have gathered some news items, published articles, webinars, and links that have recently been added to our web site. We hope you find our newsletter interesting. You can read all about it here.
How to Get Started and Why: Information Governance for SharePoint and Office 365 Webinar on August 19th
Concept Searching is hosting the webinar, ‘How to get started and why: Information Governance for SharePoint and Office 365,’ on Tuesday, August 19th at 11:30am-12:30pm EDT. Registration is now open for this educational webinar.
Information Governance is a popular topic in the press, but presents very real challenges to SharePoint and Office 365 organizations that would like to implement it. The recent AIIM survey, ‘Automating Information Governance – Assuring Compliance,’ co-sponsored by Concept Searching, showed that only 10% of organizations have a workable Information Governance policy.
Information Governance is people, process, and technology. The technology is relatively easy, but it is the people and the process that are the tough parts. Surprisingly, executive buy-in isn’t always easy to obtain, unless there has been a major data breach, or fines due to non-compliance.
This webinar is highly recommended for those who are responsible for any aspect of Information Governance, or would like to learn more about the topic. Attendees will take away an understanding of the business challenges, the justification and ROI, and the technology issues that need to be answered, even if approaching Information Governance a step at a time. The audience will learn, from a best practices perspective, how to develop a framework for Information Governance that can be accomplished incrementally.
This webinar will explore:
- What is Information Governance and why should one care?
- The business issues and application challenges
- Justifying Information Governance, ROI and savings, and building the case
- Developing a framework for Information Governance
- Information Governance for Office 365 – the unique issues
- Case studies in SharePoint and Office 365 – the challenges and solutions
Focusing on the SharePoint and Office 365 environment, this webinar would also be beneficial to any organization, regardless of platform.
The next 15-minute webinar in the Concept Searching ‘How To’ webinar series will focus on search in Office 365. It will be held on July 30th, 11:30am – 11:45am EDT. Register for the ‘How To Deploy Enterprise Strength Search in Office 365’ webinar here, to learn how to improve search results and manage search in a hybrid environment.
Both webinars would be of interest to Business Owners in Records Management, Legal, Data Security, HR, Migration, Compliance, Social Networking, and CRM, as well as Content Managers, SharePoint Administrators, Architects, and Knowledge Managers.
Concept Searching is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Bundeswehr, as a new client of Concept Searching. The Bundeswehr is the unified armed forces of the Federal Republic of Germany. The Concept Searching product platforms are already in use at various US federal, military, and public sector organizations, including the US Air Force and the US Army. Our partner, CGI, formerly Logica, is Concept Searching’s partner and was instrumental in presenting Concept Searching technologies as the optimal solution to meet their objectives.
Concept Searching is pleased to welcomeXL Group, a $45b insurance and re-insurance company as a new client. XL Group has selected Concept Searching’s conceptClassifier for SharePoint to support its intranet. XL Group joins Concept Searching’s growing Financial Services sector clients.
The US Air Force 711th Human Performance Wing, Human Factors Center of Excellence has chosen to deploy the Concept Searching Technology Platform in support of its research mission into human factors associated with non lethal weapons. The Concept Searching Technology Platform was selected because of our conceptSearch product, an integral component of the platform, which is a high performance, and highly granular search engine. The platform will be installed on a Cray super computer and will index, tag and classify content from multiple sources providing a scalable and effective research platform from which to mine content and make informed decisions.
Based on the positive feedback from a recent Concept Searching SharePoint and Office 365 speaking engagement, we are offering the seminar as a webinar focusing on the challenges of Office 365. Although information governance is widely written about, compliance in the cloud should be a high priority for any organization evaluating Office 365. The same precautions that are taken in an on-premise environment to ensure compliance and information governance are equally important in the cloud. Office 365/Microsoft Online poses the same challenges as SharePoint on-premise, and organizations need to proactively manage information in the cloud the same way.
Many organizations are ignoring this issue simply because they view Office 365 as a collaboration venue and don’t equate it with the same business risks and challenges as an on-premise environment. We will cover the ins and outs of compliance using Office 365 in conjunction with conceptClassifier for Office 365. Understand why records, security breaches, migration issues, search, collaboration, social tagging, and eDiscovery and litigation support are equally if not more important in the cloud than on-premise. Office 365 poses the same challenges as SharePoint on-premise, and organizations need to proactively manage information in the cloud the same way.
Register now for this webinar that will cover the ins and outs of compliance using Office 365. Understand why records, security breaches, costly legal ramifications, and compliance are equal if not more important in the cloud than on-premise.
Concept Searching has extended its product offering to deliver information governance, compliance, and policy enforcement for enterprises using Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business.
OneDrive for Business, the personal library intended for storing and organizing work documents, and an integral part of Office 365 or SharePoint Server 2013, enables users to work within the context of their organizations.
Microsoft recently announced that each deployed user of OneDrive for Business will have 1 TB of storage space, and so has demonstrated a commitment to helping its clients move users off of unmanaged, uncontrolled file shares and PC hard drives.
The integration of individual users’ content with corporate infrastructures will improve productivity and collaboration, but it will bring significant potential compliance and governance headaches. Concept Searching has recognized these issues and has extended its conceptClassifier for SharePoint platform and conceptClassifier for Office 365 platform to include the management of OneDrive for Business.
“We recognized early on the importance of OneDrive for Business, its role in collaboration, and the potential information security issues that would surface. Working with our largest clients, some with over 100,000 users, and FEDSPUG, the largest SharePoint User Group in the US, we extended the functionality of both our SharePoint on-premise and online platforms to incorporate the management of OneDrive for Business,” said Martin Garland, President of Concept Searching.
Garland concluded, “Concept Searching still has the only solution that delivers metadata generation, auto-classification, taxonomy management, and a governance platform for all versions of SharePoint, in on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments. We are proud to continue to lead the market with our ability to apply this functionality to OneDrive for Business.”
Within the expanded conceptClassifier for SharePoint and conceptClassifier for Office 365 platform offerings, Concept Searching clients are now able to deploy exactly the same functionality already available in SharePoint and Office 365 to OneDrive for Business. Deployable globally to many thousands of users simultaneously, features include the following:
Governance, compliance, and records:
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify sensitive information, and automatically take action on that content underpinning organizational governance policies
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify content by document security level, apply content types and attributes, and invoke out-of-the-box SharePoint information rights management, enforcing document security policies such as lock down of content within the domain
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify documents of record with semantic metadata and retention codes, automatically apply content types, notifications, and movement of content in alignment with corporate records policies
- Ability to automate the scanning, identification, notification, and reporting of documents being shared with third parties outside the domain
Productivity and collaboration:
- Classification and auto tagging of the OneDrive site content, either as a batch process or classification on demand
- Writing back of semantic metadata to the managed metadata fields
Full integration with search, the refinement panel and the Term Store, improving findability and collaboration in a secured environment
- Global templating solution for automating settings and deployment to large user populations
- Customized administration pages for selection of managed metadata fields to be auto-classifiable
- Automatic addition of classification status columns to content types and full support for the content type hub
- Fully integrated with the Term Store and managed metadata service
- Ability to automate OneDrive scans for sensitive or specific information types on a global basis
- Identification, reporting and notification of sharing of documents outside of the domain
Concept Searching has a Platinum Sponsor of SharePoint Fest Denver to be held at the Colorado Convention Center, September 22-24
Concept Searching is a Platinum Sponsor of SharePoint Fest Denver, and joins other sponsors in bringing this conference to the Colorado Convention Center on September 22-24, 2014. Conference delegates will hear from keynote speakers and attend breakout sessions. Over 70 sessions will be offered across multiple tracks, as well as an optional day of workshops preceding the conference. There will also be a networking reception held at the end of the first day of the conference.
About Concept Searching
Concept Searching is the industry leader specializing in conceptual metadata generation, auto-classification, and taxonomy management. The award winning technologies integrated with Concept Searching’s Smart Content Framework™ encompass the entire portfolio of unstructured information assets in on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environments.
Concept Searching has a Microsoft Gold Application Development competency, and is a member of the elite Business Critical SharePoint Program. conceptClassifier for SharePoint is the only enterprise class solution that delivers intelligent metadata enabled solutions through automatic semantic metadata generation, auto-classification, and innovative taxonomy tools running natively in the SharePoint environment, including 2007-2013. conceptClassifier for Office 365 is currently the only product on the market that fully complements Office 365 and adds significant value in the management of unstructured and semi-structured data. Both products address migration, records management, data privacy, search, and social tagging.
Concept Searching is pleased to announce that Hexaware Technologies, a global provider of IT, BPO and consulting services with revenue over $ 387.8 Million, and 8,850+ employees has selected conceptClassifier for SharePoint as the framework for their internal portal. The project will include the deployment of the platform to support their internal knowledge portal and enable semantic search, improve collaboration, and establish governance controls.
Discover Best Practices and How to Achieve Productive Social Tagging and Enhance Collaboration
Concept Searching is pleased to co-sponsor the webinar ‘Collaboration and Social Networking in SharePoint and Office 365’ with the global consulting firm Protiviti, taking place on June 24th at 11:30am – 12:30pm EDT.
Registration is now open for this informative webinar, with expert guest speaker Maggie Swearingen, Experience Architect at Protiviti.
Based on results from a Concept Searching survey, the SharePoint and Office 365 community has expressed a growing interest in implementing and deploying social networking applications and collaboration enhancements, to improve productivity and decision making. According to most studies, social media applications are now generally accepted by upper management, but end users are reluctant to change, and are slow to embrace social applications.
Collaboration also requires a cultural change. Although the benefits are more readily realized by end users, a change in mindset is still required, to rely less heavily on email as the primary mode of communication and become more interactive in real time, to overcome boundaries of time and distance. One study indicated most business users will not communicate more than 50 feet away from their desk with an unknown person.
This webinar will focus on best practices for planning and deploying social tagging and collaboration enhancements within the enterprise.
Register here. Registrants will be sent a link to the recording. If you cannot attend, please register and we will send you a link to the recording and the presentation.
This webinar would be of interest to professionals involved in marketing, legal, knowledge management, and human resources, as well as Office 365 and SharePoint architects and administrators.
Clients using our products
Join our team
- German Bundeswehr to Deploy Concept Searching
- Concept Searching Welcomes XL Group as a New Client
- Research Platform to Use conceptSearch
- Concept Searching Announces Support for OneDrive for Business
- AIIM Information Governance Survey – Co-sponsored by Concept Searching Now Availab...
- Medical Council of Canada Case Study Now Published
- SharePoint and Office 365 Metadata Survey Published
- Concept Searching Seeking North American Channel Manager
- Concept Searching Seeking Experienced Inside Sales Representatives
- Seeking Entrepreneurial North American Regional Directors
- Concept Searching Selected as a Metalogix Technology Leader for Best of Breed Showcase
- Leading Global Manufacturer of Auto-parts Has Selected Concept Searching Technology Plat...
Recent Blog Posts
- Moving from chaos to organization – the value of a semantic metadata framework
- Concept Searching SharePoint and Office 365 Webinar on Information Governance
- Information Governance is NOT Records Management
- Auto-classification and metadata –the missing link.
- Thinking about Office 365? There’s a lot to think about!
- Auto-classification and metadata –the missing link
- Compliance in Office 365 Webinar – What You Should Know
- Concept Searching Announces Support for OneDrive for Business
- Concept Searching Confirmed as Platinum Sponsor of SharePoint Fest – Denver 2014
- Auto-classification, the only way out!
- Can Intelligent Search Solve Information Governance Challenges
- Play Nice to Achieve Information Governance – Really?